From 2014 to 2018, I had the great pleasure of freelancing as the lead graphic designer for the Elton John AIDS Foundation’s U.S. operations. This included five annual reports and numerous other materials. The EJAF team was a true joy to work with: a group of fun-spirited, passionate folks with an eye for design. EJAF has since merged it’s U.S. and International teams, now headquartered in London.
Partners In Health
1. Cover of PIH 2017 Action & Impact Report
2. Interior of PIH Action & Impact Report
3. Back cover of PIH Action & Impact Report
4. Envelope for Evening for Equity fundraiser
5. Tri-fold invitation for Evening for Equity fundraiser
6. Flip side of invitation for Evening for Equity fundraiser
7. Infographic telling story of PIH’s collaboration in Rwanda
1. Illustration For an article titled "Hazards of Manhood", describing the various cultural stigmas and obstacles that men face.
2. Beating Debt infographic A concept for Yes! Magazine’s issue about debt.
3. Diets infographic A 2-page spread that was part of Yes! Magazine's issue about food and health.
4. Timeline infographic A 2-page spread for the Yes! issue on race and unity in America. To purchase this as a poster, visit: www.yesmagazine.org/issues/america-the-remix/progress-toward-a-multiracial-nation
Proceeds go to Yes! Magazine.
All Together Now
In the weeks after Inauguration Day 2016, my wife Aurélia and I created an impromptu line of t-shirt designs we called All Together Now, with proceeds going to support the rights of women and persons trying to immigrate to the U.S.
United Nations PBF Annual Report
I had the pleasure of designing this 2012 Annual Report for the United Nations Peacebuilding Fund. My work included developing a look and feel from the ground up, and creating layouts and templates for each section of the piece. Production and several design elements were provided by Good Luck Place Art & Design, who I teamed with on this project.
Illustrations & Infographics
Partners In Health Annual Report
I was honored to design the 2012 Annual Report for Partners In Health, a groundbreaking global health organization. The 55-page report incorporates PIH's style guidelines, as well as infographic elements I added to better illustrate information about the countries where PIH works. The PIH team provided design support for several sections of the report.
1. Citizen University Logo Citizen University is an annual event in Seattle that brings together leaders, acclaimed luminaries, and citizens to learn and discuss the art of great citizenship. This logo was part of the complete re-branding process I did for them.
2. Website For 2014 I designed Citizen University's new website, built from the ground up.
3. Poster Since this poster would be posted alongside many others in venues around Seattle, I made the color and design pop while still showing the necessary information.
4. Memo Book Stamp As gifts for the event's attendees, I created an ink stamp that was applied to Field Notes Brand memo books. To get some (fantastic) Field Notes of your own, visit: http://fieldnotesbrand.com
5. Business Cards As part of Citizen University's re-branding, I created their business cards and letterhead.
1. Planetary Puppy A postcard for Planetary Puppy, the unique balloon animal kit sold at the 826 Greewood Space Travel Supply Co. novelty store.
2. Space Traveler Poster I wrote and designed this humorous poster for Seattle 826's Greenwood Space Travel Supply Co., a novelty store and that supports a youth writing and tutoring center.
Proceeds go to the 826 Seattle youth writing and tutoring center.
3. Spacecraft Crash Report form A humorous insurance report form designed with kids in mind. Emulates traditional vehicle damage reports, but with space travel updates. This form was sold at the 826 Greewood Space Travel Supply Co. novelty store.
BadgEm Web App
The BadgEm Facebook application let users send fun electronic merit badges to friends and family to appreciate them for the things they do. The app was also dedicated to supporting altruistic lifestyles and good causes
My work included the illustration of each badge, as well as the brand identity, UI design, and website design.
Logos & Identity
1. Logo for Citizen University dinner event
2. Cobalt Biofuels logomark
3. Citizen University logo
4. Sustainable Business Consulting logo
5. 21 Acres farm and community center logo
6. Logomark for Guidewire Connections
7. Citizen Salon logo - an event of Citizen University
8. Logo for Made In The Valley technology organization